I made these a week ago. I am trying to get caught up with posting recipes. Trey’s friend was having surgery and mentioned he liked White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. I decided to make some for him but a little healthier.
Whole Wheat White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Adapted from Joy the Baker
Makes 2 dozen
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl, set aside.
- In an electric mixer bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter. Beat until creamy, 3-5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and eggs one at a time beating between each.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- With a spatula, fold in chips and nuts.
- Using a cookie scooper or a tablespoon, spoon dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to space cookies out about an inch apart.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown.
These turned out great!
I placed sheets of wax paper in between each cookie to make sure they didn’t stick to one another.
Then I wrapped the box in plastic wrap to keep the air out. They traveled well in the car and made it to Mobile in one piece!
Now I have to get back to baking some more cookies. This time they are for the cookie swap. I hope they turn out good. If not I will be up all night trying new recipes. My plan is to ship them out in the morning!