I have yet to received my gym access card in the mail. I am hoping it will be here today! My exercise log is looking a little weak and so is my body…
This morning has been very lazy and relaxing. I started off by baking some donuts! While the donuts were in the oven I tried out my new granola with some vanilla yogurt and a glass of milk. I am new to buying granola but this is definitely good. I can’t wait to try other kinds.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Glazed Donuts
adapted from Healthy Diaries
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 overflowing cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup organic 0% fat milk
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
For vanilla glazed
- 2 tbs organic 0% fat milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, oil, and cinnamon together. Add in flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Once these ingredients are mixed well, fold in blueberries.
- Spray donut baking trays with cooking non-stick spray. Fill donut molds with the dough. I did this by using a small spoon. Do not fill to the top. Donuts will rise. My first batch almost didn’t have holes in the middle! I would say fill up half way. The picture below is the first batch and way to full!
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. I also used a mini donut pan and cooked those for about 10 minutes.
- Once they are golden brown I took them out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pans. I stuck a toothpick in one of the donuts to check if they were done and when I pulled it out the donut came with it. So I continued using the toothpick to remove all of them and place on a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze I mixed the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. I used a small spoon to drizzle the glaze on top.
- Let glaze cool completely before putting in a storage container. It should harden a little so it will not stick to the other donuts.