Fish Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Onions
by Brittany Ray adapted from Cooking Light
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: saute cabbage fish tilapia onions Mexican
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 (6-inch) tortillas
- shredded cabbage
Combine first sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeño in a food processor; process until smooth and mixed. Combine jalapeño sauce and onion in a small bowl. Set aside.
Combine brown sugar, oregano, garlic, salt, cumin and red pepper; sprinkle evenly over fish.
Heat oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet.
Add fish to pan; cook until done flipping after 3 minutes. (fish will be white and flaky when cooked thoroughly)
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish, onion mixture and cabbage evenly among tortillas.