I am always looking for an easy and delicious dish to make for dinner. Especially ones that would be good as leftovers to take to lunch at work. When I saw Kathleen’s (from Carrie Bradshaw Lied) Chicken Spaghetti I knew I had to give it a try. It was so good! It was even better the next day for lunch! I only made a few changes to the recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: bake boil entree chicken cheddar cheese noodles
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 8-10 oz. uncooked thin whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 3 large chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups sharp cheddar, shredded (separated 2 cups and 1 cup)
- 1 cup green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbs. pimento, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Boil noodles until done.
Boil chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked. Shred or chop into bite size pieces.
Place all ingredients excluding 1 cup of cheese into a large bowl. Stir until completely mixed.
Pour into a casserole dish.
Sprinkle the top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
Bake for 30 – 45 minutes. Casserole should start to bubble. If the cheese browns too fast cover with aluminum foil and continue cooking until done.
Powered by Recipage